3 Signs It’s a Cavity
Cavities are a common problem that can be experienced by people young and old. Some signs and symptoms of cavities are easily mistaken for other problems. Knowing when there’s a problem can help you decide it’s time to see the dentist in West Salem, WI. If you’re experiencing the symptoms below, or just a handful of those symptoms, call your dentist at Allen Dental today.
What Is a Cavity?
A cavity is a hole in the tooth formed by tooth decay. Tooth decay occurs because of bacteria in the mouth and consumption of sugary foods and drinks, as well as poor oral hygiene habits. Cavities can get larger over time, if they’re not addressed by the dentist.
Signs of a Cavity
There are many signs of cavities, including:
- Sensitivity to extreme temperatures
- Visible holes in the teeth, which may look like black spots on the teeth
- Pain when biting down
- Toothache, either when biting down or for no obvious reason
How to Prevent Cavities
You can avoid cavities! Take care of your teeth. There are many things you can do to prevent this problem.
- Brush and floss regularly. Brush twice daily, floss once each day.
- Use fluoride toothpaste. Fluoride helps strengthen tooth enamel and combat dental decay.
- Visit the dentist. At Allen Dental, we can help keep your teeth clean to prevent cavities.
- Avoid frequent snacking. Sugar can cause dental decay. Snacking on sugary foods throughout the day can lead to cavities.
See the Dentist for Cavity Care
Do you have a cavity, or are you experiencing the symptoms of a cavity? See the dentist as soon as possible. Untreated dental decay can lead to a broken tooth, infection and more. Contact Allen Dental for cavity removal in West Salem, WI. Call today.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!